SkyLaw has significant experience leading sophisticated corporate transactions in Canada, the US, the UK and Australia.
The SkyLaw team has successfully advised targets and acquirers on multi-billion dollar M&A transactions, conducted complex cross-border securities offerings and financings, negotiated multi-party joint venture agreements, advised public companies and shareholders on disclosure and corporate governance issues, and worked closely with the principals of private companies to help them grow their businesses.
Here is an outline of SkyLaw's recent transactions:
- Private M&A: Acting for the buyers and sellers of companies involved in manufacturing, equipment rental and services industries
- Public M&A: Acting for public acquirers and targets in take-over bids and plans of arrangement
- Cross-Border: Acting for the sellers of a foreign technology company to a Canadian company
- Financing: Advising on private placements involving private and public companies
- Corporate Reorganization: Acting for a private company in the reorganization of its corporate structure and debt and bringing on new investors
- Joint Venture: Advising a private company on the establishment of a strategic joint venture with mining companies and First Nations groups
- Shareholder Advice: Advising a founding shareholder in negotiations with venture capital investors
- Early Stage Companies: Acting for a number of early-stage companies and investors in the negotiation of shareholder and partnership agreements, joint ventures and capital raisings